Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life's so Sweet Right Here in the Passenger Seat

I have completely failed when it comes to keeping up with this blog this week. So, I shall try to make up with a quality post and lots of pictures.

The picture to the left is the brand-new, re-opened Eastern Market. It's a huge farmers market that's open Tuesday-Sunday every week. It just opened on Saturday after a two-year renovation following a fire. The next picture shows what it looks like outside on the streets surrounding the building. It's filled with tents that has clothes, furniture, jewelry, hats, etc. It also had some unique people, like the woman bellow to the left who was pulling her dog (decked out in clothes) in some sort of rolling contraption. Priceless, no?

It was pretty amazing. The work week has definitely had its ups and downs. I am really enjoying working in Congressional Affairs. One of my co-workers there, who has worked as a staffer for the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, told my supervisor that I have a knack for the section and that she would have assumed I'd been working in Congressional Affairs for years from the work I've done. -- Pretty amazing.

On another note, I have been able to settle in quite nicely here. Last Saturday or Sunday I made -- Garlic Parmesan Chicken (which is to the right). It was absolutely delicious and I cooked 4 of them (yummy left-overs all week). I learned how to cut garlic and it turned out excellent!

This weekend should be pretty amazing and it's going to be starting tomorrow. Federal employees get tomorrow off. Heck yes. I also get Monday off because no one will be in the office. Heck yes x2.

This weekend will be epic- 4th of July in DC, fireworks on the mall and my roommate's get-together. Pictures will be taken to capture the amazingness of this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment