Thursday, July 30, 2009

Winding Down

This is my last week here in DC. This past weekend I visited all the DC monuments with R and Katharine. Monday night I then had the chance to go to Screen on the Green with Katharine, which was showing Dog Day Afternoon. Good movie.

I started packing on Tuesday. It's been hard. I said goodbye to my first co-worker yesterday because he is going on vacation Thursday and Friday, and my first roommate who is visiting friends Thursday and Friday. It's crazy.

The only thing that is keeping me down is the fact that K, my horror-story roommate, has been absolutely dreadful and we came head-to-head last night. My roommates told me to ignore her and enjoy my last few days but its easier said than done.

R, who is amazing, is organizing some great goodbye events. For example, we're going to jazz in the sculpture garden Friday evening. Hopefully it's going to be a good last week.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who's lived with over 30 room- and flatmates, I have experience with icky people. My advice: Spend as little time at home as possible during your last few days. I suspect that won't be a problem for ya anyway!

    ReplyDelete